Due to COVID19, Clarkson Baptist Church will not have physical worship or gatherings, until further notice. However, on Clarkson Baptist Church’s website, there are weekly sermons by Jason, as well as worship, which is led by David, Sheila and Angela.
If you would like to access CBC’s web-page, please click on this link:
I know these past few weeks have been overwhelming and challenging for everyone. We have created new sleep routines, worked in unusual work spaces, spent several hours with family, and developed a new normal. Although our circumstances are not ideal, I encourage you to embrace the good moments.
God has blessed us with time. With this gift of time, we are able to grow in our relationship with Him, spend time with our family, breathe, and appreciate the lives we have today.
- MAY 4TH – 8TH – Last Day of School for Grayson County Schools
- MAY 10TH – Mother’s Day
- MAY 16TH – Senior Send Off
- MAY 25TH – Memorial Day
- Every other Friday of this month, starting with May 8th, we will be having a Netflix Movie Party. If you have questions about this, please contact Taylor Harvard.
PARENTS: For any students who are transitioning from one grade to the next, please send a picture and the grade the student will be entering. With your permission and participation, I will be creating a video for the church to see our students’ accomplishments. Since, we cannot celebrate at this exact moment, I would still like for our church members to see where our students are at and where they are going! 🙂
- Since we can’t physically meet, we will be having Zoom meetings for the month of May.
- Mondays, from 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM CST, middle school students have thirty minutes to fellowship with one another. During this time, students have the opportunity to talk to their peers and pray.
- Wednesdays, from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM CST, I will lead a lesson for middle school and high school students. During this time, we will pray, dive into God’s Word, and have open-ended discussions about what we are reading.
- Fridays, from 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM CST, high school students have thirty minutes to fellowship with one another. During this time, students also have the opportunity to talk to their peers and pray for one another.
These times will vary, depending on availability and the length of our meetings. If you have any questions about using Zoom, please contact Taylor Harvard through Facebook or email.
On Wednesdays, we are reading and studying James. Our theme verse for this study is James 1:22
But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
CBC YOUTH QUARANTINE 2020
Choosing joy in the midst of chaos.
- COVID19 : Families impacted by it, families grieving, people recovering, people who are working hard during this time, and for a cure.
- Guidance on how to appropriately adapt to life’s circumstances.
- Clarkson Baptist Church’s ministry team and wisdom on how to respond to re-entering in-person church services.
- Churches across the world and believers’ willingness to witness to people in different ways.
- High school graduates: Morgan Whittington and Isabella Brumfield as they prepare for graduation, respond to current circumstances, and transition from high school to college
- All of our students as they are transitioning within the next few months
- Please continue praying for our pastor as he dedicates his time and energy to serving God, his family, the church, as well as ministering to nonbelievers.
- The Block family, Link family, Embry family, Wright family, and others who are grieving the deaths of loved ones.
If you would like to see other prayer requests from Clarkson Baptist Church, please go to our website and click on the “Weekly Updates” button.
If you have any prayer requests, questions, or concerns, please reach out to our Clarkson Baptist Church staff.
You can reach us through three emails:
Pastor’s email: email@example.com
Church’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth’s email: email@example.com
You can also reach us through the church phone number: 270-242-4567