IMPORTANT DATES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- MARCH 7TH – **WINTER JAM**
- MARCH 8TH – DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME BEGINS
- MARCH 17TH – ST. PATRICK’S DAY
- MARCH 19TH – FIRST DAY OF SPRING
- MARCH 27TH – MARCH 29TH **DNOW WEEKEND**
If you want access to the details for Winter Jam and/or DNOW, please check out these links!
SUNDAY SCHOOL UPDATE
In February, students read through Mathew 4 and part of Matthew 5. We have learned about the beginning of Jesus Christ’s ministry and the first few lessons taught to his disciples. Due to low attendance, there were several Sundays we were unable to have a fruitful class, because we did not have enough students. Parents and guardians, I urge you to encourage your children, as well as yourself, to attend church on Sunday mornings. Sunday mornings enable Christians to experience genuine fellowship, spiritual growth, and a deeper understanding of God’s Word.
Sleep and laziness are techniques Satan use to weaken our relationships with God. Scripture urges us to meet together (Heb. 10:24-25).
Again, the purpose of reading through Matthew is to teach students about Jesus Christ’s actions, words, example, and purpose on earth. The Gospel of Matthew provides a descriptive, genuine, and well-written portrayal/narrative of Jesus Christ’s life. In order for people to have a relationship with God, they must know and believe in Jesus Christ, as humanity’s Messiah. I desire for Clarkson Baptist Church’s youth to have a rich, biblically rooted understanding of who Jesus Christ is and how he has transformed salvation for us.
March Reading Goals for Sunday School
- Matthew 5 Part 2 (vss. 21-48)
- Matthew 6 Part 1 (vss. 1-15)
- Matthew 6 Part 2 (vss. 16-34)
PRAY FOR CBC’S YOUTH
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.Philippians 4:6
- Pray that CBC’s youth are hungry for God’s Word and desire to have a relationship with God.
- Pray that CBC’s youth overcome Satan’s techniques that prevent them from thriving in their relationship with God.
- Pray that CBC’s youth grow in their relationships with one another and are able to love one another unconditionally.
- Pray that CBC’s youth are radically transformed by the Holy Spirit.
- Pray that CBC’s youth continue to grow in every aspect of their lives and that they allow God to work in every realm of their lives, rather than just in their “spiritual” realm.
- Pray for leaders and volunteers, that our hearts are focused on ministering to our students and furthering God’s kingdom.
Continue onto the next page to hear about Wednesday nights! 🙂